I love anything you can bake a banana into but I don't love how much sugar goes along with your traditional banana baking recipes. So i've been working on my own for a while and i've finally nailed it!
These banana muffins are delicious but also super healthy packed with loads of little extras that are beneficial to your health and no refined sugar at all!
Enjoy beautiful followers xx
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 100g melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of plain flour - I use gluten free flour (because i'm Coeliac) but any flour should be fine. I don't recommend coconut flour as they become a little dense but if you like them that way then go for it!
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius and line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin liners or grease with some butter or coconut oil
2. Break up the bananas into a large mixing bowl and mush them all up with a fork until nice and soft and all (or most) of the lumps are gone
3. Whisk up the eggs in a seperate bowl and then add to the bananas and mix together
4. Drizzle in the melted butter and honey and continue to combine
5. Add the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and chia seeds to the mix and combine
6. Lastly, sift the cup of flour until the mix and keep stirring until the mixture begins to thicken up
7. Spoon the mixture into your muffin tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
8. They are cooked when pierced in the middle and come out clean
9. Yum! Eat away xx