I am all about food! I love to eat but I like to use food as fuel so it makes my body and mind feel it's best. Last week I told you guys about the fresh food that's in season right now so I thought I would follow up with a recipe that uses some of that beautiful Spring produce as it's three main ingredients.
Healthy eating doesn't have to be boring or tasteless and this frittata is so tasty and easy to prepare and you can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. All my ingredients were organic and fresh from the Farmer's Market but that's just my preference, not a necessity.
Love Kelley xx
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat milk (if you don't eat dairy, use your milk alternative instead)
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese (dairy optional)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 leek - white section finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 6 large button mushroom
- 3 generous handfuls of spinach
- pepper and salt to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan forced)/ 180 degrees (conventional)
2. Fork whisk your eggs, milk and parsely together in a bowl and set aside
3. Place a bit of olive oil or organic butter in a frying pan on medium heat and add your minced garlic and stir until fragrant
4. Throw your leek and mushrooms in and cook until almost done
5. Add your handfuls of spinach to the pan until it wilts and then take the pan off the stove
6. Grease a 6cm (or there about) baking tray with organic melted butter
7. Distribute your vege mix evenly over the base of the baking tray and add half your cheese crumbled over the top
8. Add your egg mixture evenly over your veges and add the rest of the cheese over that
9. Bake in the oven for 20 - 30 mins and you're done!
So easy and check out the delicious result! x